- Clean and seal decks. Ideally, you’ll need three consecutive warm, sunny days. On day one, dry out the deck. Apply deck cleaner and scrub the deck on the second day and let it dry 24 hours. On the third day, apply deck sealer.
- Hire a certified chimney sweep to inspect and clean chimneys. Doing this task now instead of the fall allows plenty of time for repairs before the next heating season. It’s also easier to schedule a sweep.
- Wash the exterior of your house, using ordinary garden hose pressure and a mild detergent. Beware of the pressure washers – they are powerful enough to force water under the siding where it may encourage mildew and rot.
- Caulk exterior joints around window and doors.
- Clean lint from the entire clothes dryer vent system, from the dryer to the exterior vent cap.
- Inspect and repair or repaint all patio and deck furniture.
- Check operation of attic fans and roof-mounted turbine vents.
Welcome to June! Maybe take your Father fishing month?
Temperatures in June average 91 degrees for the high and 74 degrees for the low.
Houston’s record high for June is 101 degrees set in 1998 and the record low is degrees 56 set in 1984.
The average humidity for Houston in June averages at about 75%.
You can expect an average of 6.8 inches of rain this month.
Fun Fact: The first attempt at a motion picture was made on June 15, 1878, to see if all 4 of a horse’s hooves left the ground while it was running.