- Use a vacuum with a narrow nozzle to clean condenser coils on the back or underneath
- Check faucets for leaks and replace washers or repair the faucet as necessary.
- Clean underneath range hood. Remove and clean or replace range hood filters.
- Fix “water hammer” noises by draining the plumbing system. Open the uppermost faucet (or the one furthest from the water meter) and the lowest (or closest to the meter) and allow the water to flow to a lower-level sink or floor drain. Draining the system restores air to air chambers. Close the lowest faucet and refill the system.
- Plan interior remodeling projects and get estimates. Plan for the work to be done in early fall.
Temperatures in August average 93 degrees for the high and 75 degrees for the low.
Houston’s record high for August is 106 degrees set in 1962 and the record low is degrees 64 set in 1967.
The average humidity for Houston in August averages at about 84%.
You can expect an average of 4.5 inches of rain this month.
Fun Fact: On August 3, 1492, Christopher Columbus set sail on his first voyage across the Atlantic.