- Detach hoses in case of freezing temperatures. Remove all paints, caulks and liquid materials from garage or garden sheds.
- Inspect weather-stripping around doors and windows and repair or replace if necessary.
- Set thermostats and automatic sprinklers for winter.
- Clean gutters after leaves have fallen. Make sure downspouts are in good repair.
- Check gauges on home fire extinguishers to ensure a full charge. Replace if necessary.
Temperatures in October average 82 degrees for the high and 62 degrees for the low.
Houston’s record high for October is 96 degrees set in 1962 and the record low is degrees 33 set in 1993.
The average humidity for Houston in October averages about 75%-80%.
You can expect an average of 5.2 inches of rain this month.
Fun Fact: October is National cookie, chili, pizza, seafood and desert month.