It’s the middle of hurricane season. You’ve already done your pre-hurricane preparation. Among other things, you know your evacuation routes, and you have a 5- to 7-day supply of food and water for each person in your family. Now a hurricane watch has been declared. What should you do?
- Listen for weather updates.
- Get your car ready with gas, oil and other maintenance issues.
- Make sure your evacuation supplies are easily accessible and up-to-date with medication needs, etc
- Board up your home’s windows.
- Secure the flying missiles in your yard like lawn furniture, bicycles, and grills.
- If you have a swimming pool, make sure it’s full and super-cholorinated. Cover the pump and filtration systems.