Welcome to the new year! As you’re settling into your resolutions and getting back into the swing of things, don’t forget to add AC/heating maintenance to your list of tasks. Here are a few things you can do in January to keep your system running smoothly:
- Schedule a tune-up with a professional service technician. It’s a good idea to have a professional check your AC/heating unit at least once a year to make sure it’s running at its best. A tune-up can help identify any potential problems before they become major issues, and it can also help improve the efficiency of your system.
- Check your thermostat and make sure it is set to the correct temperature. It’s easy to forget to adjust the thermostat after adjusting it for the holidays, so take a moment to check it and make sure it’s set to your desired temperature.
- Inspect your AC/heating unit’s ducts and seals for any leaks or damages. Leaky ducts can lead to wasted energy and higher energy bills, so it’s important to check for any issues and fix them as soon as possible.
- Check the air flow in your home and adjust the vents as needed. Make sure that the air is flowing freely and reaching all areas of your home. If you notice any rooms that are too hot or too cold, adjust the vents accordingly.
- Clean and calibrate your thermostat to ensure accurate temperature readings. Dust and dirt can accumulate on the thermostat over time, which can cause it to give inaccurate readings. Clean it off and make sure it’s calibrated properly to ensure that it’s working properly.
By taking care of these tasks in January, you can help ensure that your AC/heating system is running efficiently and effectively, which can save you money on energy bills and prolong the life of your unit. Don’t forget to also check the rest of your home’s maintenance schedule to make sure you’re keeping up with all of the necessary tasks. Happy New Year!