Here are a few fun facts about April:
- April is the fourth month of the year in the Gregorian calendar.
- April is named after the Latin word “aperire,” which means “to open,” because it is the month when buds begin to open on trees and flowers start to bloom.
- April is National Poetry Month in the United States.
- The zodiac signs for April are Aries (March 21 – April 19) and Taurus (April 20 – May 20).
- The birthstones for April are diamond and white sapphire.
- April Fool’s Day, also known as All Fool’s Day, is a holiday celebrated on April 1st in many countries. It is a day for practical jokes and pranks.
- In the United States, April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month.
- The cherry blossoms in Washington, D.C. usually reach peak bloom in April, making it a popular time for tourists to visit the city.
- April is also the month of Earth Day, a holiday celebrated around the world to raise awareness about environmental protection.
- Most importantly, April (sometimes March) is the month of Easter. Bless you all!
I hope you found these fun facts about April interesting!